Life in sunny California

The Cheap Campers have been official Californians for over one full year! Phil has returned to weekend warrior status, so let's look forward to more frequent travel blog updates!

We will continue to document our travels across the Western Hemisphere!

Stephanie and Phil's Travel Blog

Hi! We are Phil and Stephanie and we backpack and hike all throughout the world. Below are short updates of our recent adventures and how we managed to do them while living on a shoestring. Scroll to the bottom for a slideshow of our travel photos.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Favorite Picture

Hi Everyone-
We are almost back to Portland. I would say we are almost home, but we don't exactly have a home to go to yet. The closest thing that resembles our home is a room in Santa Cruz but we aren't close to getting there at all. Instead we are nearly back to Portland/Vancouver where we have all our stuff in storage and loved ones waiting to say hello, then, shortly later, goodbye :( Anyway, since I have some time whilst waiting for our Craiglist rideshare to pick us up from Sea Tac and drive us down to Portland, I thought I'd post one of my favorite pictures from our Europe trip.

Amsterdam
April 28

 This is a man, walking a pony the size of a dog just outside our campground. There's just something about this picture that perfectly sums up the feeling of being in Amsterdam..... I laughed for about 10 minutes....

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Stephanie and Phil...It's Monday, and I guess you are probably getting close to Santa Cruz. I hope it works out well for you there. Thanks for the phone call, Phil, and I look forward to hearing more about your new home and future plans. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rhyming lament in the key of c: When o' when will the blogging begin...again?

    ReplyDelete