Life in sunny California

The Cheap Campers have been official Californians for over one full year! Phil has returned to weekend warrior status, so let's look forward to more frequent travel blog updates!

We will continue to document our travels across the Western Hemisphere!

Stephanie and Phil's Travel Blog

Hi! We are Phil and Stephanie and we backpack and hike all throughout the world. Below are short updates of our recent adventures and how we managed to do them while living on a shoestring. Scroll to the bottom for a slideshow of our travel photos.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Seacliff: South Santa Cruz

After dropping Phil off at HIS NEW JOB... (WOOHOOO!!!!) in Soquel, which is near Capitola ^_^, I drove further south to Seacliff Beach State Park. I rolled up to the entrance and then quickly pulled a U-turn since it apparently costs money to enter the state park (I am a Cheap Camper, after all). Instead I drove down along Seacliff Rd and came to this beautiful view:

My new Seacliff Beach 'Thinking Spot'
May 27, 2010

I parked the car in the warm, quiet sun and got to stare out at the pretty blue Pacific while pondering my own problems. Pretty and peaceful.


Seacliff Beach

This is further down the coast. If you look closely you can see the remnants of a shipwreck!

No comments:

Post a Comment